Print, Clip and Keep near your Computer
If you are experiencing connection problems to the Internet, try the following:
- Turn off the SPTC Clear Access modem.
- Turn off your router (if applicable).
- Shut down your computer.
- Important…Check your telephone line for dial tone or noise. If there is no dial tone or there is noise on the line, call the service department at 800-692-4057. If you have dial tone on your telephone line, proceed to step 5.
- Turn on the Clear Access modem and wait 5 minutes. The POWER light should come on, then the DSL light, then a blinking Tx/Rx (showing you’re transmitting/receiving).
- Turn on your router and wait 60 seconds.
- Turn on your computer and wait until all your desktop icons appear and your computer “hard drive” light goes from solid to occasionally flashing. This could take up to 10 minutes depending upon computer speed and number of programs loading.
- Access the Internet. Now enjoy your Internet experience.
- If you are still unable to access the Internet, Daniel and Mike are available to assist you between 8 am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday at 763-2301.
Return to Home Page